Well it's about time that I joined the 21st century & posted every mundane thing in my life on the interweb for the world to see. I know that I don't get enough info about people's laundry, where they ate, or how they've checked in at the nail salon on FB so I'm throwing this out there for all of those information starved souls that need to know about how late some random dude slept, whether his yard is dying, or how often his 3 yr. old poops (more on the poop later).
So I guess I'll start off by introducing myself to anybody out there living in their parent's basement that is searching for the end of the internet (hint: just past the 847,000 porn sites & left of the LOL cats) that happens to come across this & becomes mesmerized by my sure to come soon Pulitzer prize winning prose. I am the average guy as defined by American television in the '50's: 43 yr. old white guy with 1 wife, 2 kids, house with 2 car garage, 2 dogs, regular job (teacher / coach), regular hobbies (huntin' & fishin"), and a basic knowledge of how to fix things around the house just up until the point where I take it apart enough to have to call a professional (see my truck that's been sitting in the driveway for a month). None of that modern day diverse America with IndoEuropeanEskimo heritage single dad with adopted Bulgarian triplets living in a studio loft while running his internet advertising business, dating supermodels, and volunteering at the animal shelter in his spare time. Nope, I'm Ward Cleaver for the new millenium....now June, where's my Martini?
What do I foresee this blog as? Basically a place that I can record for all eternity anything that I feel like (or at least until Skynet takes over & erases all evidence of human knowledge). I'm thinking that I'll post all the funny things my 3 yr. old twin girls do/say (be ready for lots o' poop stories!), stuff that happens at work - teaching 12 yr. olds is fertile ground for humor and/or frustration, things that break around the house like my AC, truck, and pool just in the last month, and of course the go to subject for any network TV sitcom writer - the complex yet often comical relations between family members in the average american household.
So I hope that you will enjoy reading the thought nuggets that come tumbling out of my noggin. Please be aware that most of them will be tongue in cheek, some of them will be slightly embellished, a few will be sure to offend old women & young children (sorry mom), but all of them will be purely original.
Intrigued already!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe want more...
ReplyDelete